Every so often I need a day where nothing much is going on, just to get things under control and ticking along again…..
Today is the day.
So far I’ve….
- 1. Gone to church, thereby killing two birds with one stone by simultaneously delivering a big bag of books for the book sale next month. Unfortunately this also involved having a heated discussion with a rather rude lady from Securitas who was playing at being a traffic light very badly on the road into town, therefore confusing everyone and almost causing accidents. After she stopped me in the middle of a junction (where she had been indicating that I could drive) and made me reverse up, and proceeded to very rudely act out signalling to someone who was unable to understand signalling, I was forced to stop and give her a rather polite church lady wearing pearls piece of my mind. I rather hope her co-worker didn’t write my number down…I’m not sure you’re allowed to talk to people misdirecting traffic.
- 2. Cleared up the patio and transported to the back of the garden everything in pots that was killed by our very late cold snap…..all the roses in pots, some unknown flowery odds and ends and an ancient fuschia. The patio is now bare but at least it’s tidy…and the Swiss like minimalism, so that’s OK.
- 3. Parceled up the giveaway prize from this week and my Stitch Tease block for Di ready to trek to the post office tomorrow. Phew!
- 4. Ordered some Moo cards to take to FQ retreat…unfortunately 5 minutes before Susan put a 10% discount link on her blog. If anyone else wants some Moo cards, you might want to check here – it would be to your advantage!
- 5. Done the ironing and cleaned the kitchen. Finishing both of these always makes me feel like a proper little housewife. A dirty kitchen and a mountain of ironing are so depressing, aren’t they?
- 6. Took husband to the station as he’s off to Frankfurt on a business trip, which lowers the culinary bar for dinner tonight….yay…pizza takeaway here we come!
- 7. Started work on a long-neglected seriously warm hoodie that I’ve been knitting since I don’t know when and which only needs the hood done and then it ‘ll stop being a UFO and I’ll get my favourite basket back! The timing is a bit off, mind you, I won’t be able to wear it till next November, but a finish is a finish, wouldn’t you say?
- 8. Shuffled my outstanding paperwork tray around and chucked out everything that’s out of date. The pile hasn’t shrunk much, but at least there are no fires that need putting out anymore.
- 9. Finished reading a book on British education that has made my hair stand on end and me feel very glad that my kids are being educated here: ‘It’s your time you’re wasting‘ by Frank Chalk. Excellent and very funny, but not for the faint-hearted if your kids are in the English system. I hope he’s exaggerating, but suspect he may not be.
Is that enough?….can I stop now….I need a cup of tea, but at least I feel as though a lot of stuff that needed doing has been done….and next week is a new week and hopefully I can move on to pastures new!
Enjoy your Sunday,