So that’s it then. Winter is well and truly with us. The ski resorts will be pleased.
We’ve had a moderate little dump of snow – 6 inches or so – and as usual all services carried on as usual, no late trains, closed schools or car accidents as a result. The Swiss certainly know how to do snow. Which is just as well really!
I’ve been making some progress – and am feeling disgustingly self-satisfied (and quite relieved) as a result!
- The quilt is basted and ready to quilt next week.
- The Secret Santa is at the post office as I write and ready to wing its way to far away parts
- The first Christmas presents have been bought and sent off. This includes those to my brother and his wife who have decided not to do Christmas (that goes with the not doing family bit), which I am ignoring, because Christmas is one of the very few times when they are forced to have contact with us and as almost our only relatives (and the only aunt and uncle my kids have) I’m not letting them off the hook that lightly! (Yes you’re right – they LOVE me!)
- I’m planning my next contribution to Stitch Tease – which is due to be sent off tomorrow…..next week, anyone? Will you forgive me?
- The house is clean(ish) and the laundry is up to date.
I’m polishing my halo!!!