- Eldest daughter passes her Matura and graduates from high school …tick
- Younger daughter passes the school year (by the skin of her teeth)…tick
- Audit completed and survived without major mishap….tick
- Husband packed off to Asia on a business trip…tick
- Mother purchases a new phone…hahahaha…next….(but she did manage to make her first phone call in what may be years last week because I went on strike and refused to call her….does that count as progress? I think it probably does…at least it fits into the minor miracle category!)
- House and garden back under control..mumble,mumble…but who cares anyway?
I made it! I got through June and the first week of July, albeit with a LOT of hard work and several sleepless nights. Things did finally slot into place as I had hoped they would. You never quite know though till it happens, do you? So I guess we are where we need to be. My son will repeat the school year in a different school, but maybe that is just something that needs to happen and let’s face it, worse things happen.
So now I have a weekend to get things under control a bit. The FQR Retreat isn’t far away now, so I’ve been putting my supplies together and trying to make the bee blocks that I want to be able to take with me. I’ve calculated that from the 4 bees I’m in I need to make a total of 7 blocks.
This is the first (and only so far)…
For the Stitch Tease bee for my good pal Quiltova.
One down and six to go…..
I also had a lovely treat this week. Look what arrived in the mail from Elisabeth at Shark’s Dinner…
Isn’t it gorgeous? The workmanship is just fabulous…
…and look! It even has pockets inside with presents in them!
This is what I’m going to use it for…FQR supplies.
Thank you so much Elisabeth – you made my day!!
Righty ho..back to the blocks. I might even make it back here tomorrow if I manage to get anything done to show you!
Have a nice weekend – I hope the sun is shining on you!